#83 new
MikeRolfes

Sortable bug: Ghosting parameter not working in IE7

Reported by MikeRolfes | September 7th, 2008 @ 08:03 PM

When using the Sortable object and setting a group's ghosting parameter to TRUE, the drag and drops behave strangely in IE7. Works in FF2 and FF3. When I removed the ghosting it works fins in all browsers.

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • antoniomauro

    antoniomauro September 18th, 2008 @ 04:45 PM

    • Tag changed from http:prototype.lighthouseapp.comprojects8887-script-aculo-usticketsnew, sortable to http:prototype.lighthouseapp.comprojects8887-script-aculo-usticketsnew, sortable

    looking around i've found a simple way to patch dragdrop.js change line 410: delete this.element.originallyAbsolute; with: if(typeof(this.element.originallyAbsolute) == "object") delete this.element._originallyAbsolute;

    In IE this.element._originallyAbsolute is sometimes a boolean value instead an object if you set ghosting parameter to TRUE and it crash application

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

script.aculo.us is an open-source JavaScript framework for visual effects and interface behaviours.
<br/><b>Source available from github</b>
The Git repository resides at:
<a href="http://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous">http://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous</a>
<br/>Check out the current development trunk with:
<code>git clone git://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous.git</code>
<br/>As <b>script.aculo.us 1.xx is feature-frozen</b>, this development trunk is for <b>bugfixes only</b>.
<br/>New development should happen only for
<b>script.aculo.us 2</b>.
<br/><b>Creating a bug report</b>
When creating a bug report, be sure to include as much relevant information as possible. Post a an example that shows off the problem. Preferably, <b>alter the unit tests</b> and show through either changed or added tests how the expected behavior is not occuring.

People watching this ticket

Pages