#230 new
Christophe Debussche

style="z-index: auto;" is not set back after a drag & drop

Reported by Christophe Debussche | August 3rd, 2009 @ 07:10 PM


If I indicate a style="z-index: auto;" in the li tag I am using with the Sortable class, the z-index is set to 0 after the drag & drop. This creates a lot of issues with element behind others.

According to me, this is due to the line 330 in dragdrop.js:

this.originalZ = parseInt(Element.getStyle(this.element,'z-index') || 0);

If I replace it with

this.originalZ = Element.getStyle(this.element,'z-index';

it works. But I guess, there are maybe other issues...

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Christophe Debussche

    Christophe Debussche August 3rd, 2009 @ 07:27 PM

    By doing this change, I had an issue in IE, so I replaced it by the following:

    this.originalZ = Element.getStyle(this.element,'z-index')?Element.getStyle(this.element,'z-index'):"auto";

    If nothing is found, it sets the value to auto (which is the CSS default).


Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

script.aculo.us is an open-source JavaScript framework for visual effects and interface behaviours.
<br/><b>Source available from github</b>
The Git repository resides at:
<a href="http://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous">http://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous</a>
<br/>Check out the current development trunk with:
<code>git clone git://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous.git</code>
<br/>As <b>script.aculo.us 1.xx is feature-frozen</b>, this development trunk is for <b>bugfixes only</b>.
<br/>New development should happen only for
<b>script.aculo.us 2</b>.
<br/><b>Creating a bug report</b>
When creating a bug report, be sure to include as much relevant information as possible. Post a an example that shows off the problem. Preferably, <b>alter the unit tests</b> and show through either changed or added tests how the expected behavior is not occuring.

People watching this ticket