#350 new
Markku Finnilä

Links in sortable list items won't work [IE]

Reported by Markku Finnilä | September 21st, 2012 @ 06:10 PM

There's a strange problem in IE (at least IE9).

When I have a link inside a sortable block item, the link isn't clickable when there's only one tab open. As soon as I open another tab and just leave it there, the links work fine.

I think it has something to do with dropOnEmpty parameter, because setting it to false resolves the problem. I however have more than one area so I need the setting to be 'true'.

In testing I used Prototype 1.7.1 and Scriptaculous 1.9

The scenario can be duplicated by modifying this code: just add a link in one of the list items
Example code in java2s site

Basically there are two UL lists containing some LI items

<ul id="thelist1">
<li id="thelist1_1"><a href="http://www.google.com/">Hey there! I'm item#1/1</a></li>
<li id="thelist1_2">Hey there! I'm item#1/2</li>
<li id="thelist1_3">Hey there! I'm item#1/3</li>

<ul id="thelist2">

Javascript to create the sortable

Sortable.create('thelist1',{containment:['thelist1','thelist2'], dropOnEmpty:true});
Sortable.create('thelist2',{containment:['thelist1','thelist2'], dropOnEmpty:true});

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Markku Finnilä

    Markku Finnilä October 25th, 2012 @ 04:29 PM

    Well, I found something to ease this problem

    Using delay parameter in Sortable.create removes the problem. I used delay:100 in each Sortable.

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

script.aculo.us is an open-source JavaScript framework for visual effects and interface behaviours.
<br/><b>Source available from github</b>
The Git repository resides at:
<a href="http://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous">http://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous</a>
<br/>Check out the current development trunk with:
<code>git clone git://github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous.git</code>
<br/>As <b>script.aculo.us 1.xx is feature-frozen</b>, this development trunk is for <b>bugfixes only</b>.
<br/>New development should happen only for
<b>script.aculo.us 2</b>.
<br/><b>Creating a bug report</b>
When creating a bug report, be sure to include as much relevant information as possible. Post a an example that shows off the problem. Preferably, <b>alter the unit tests</b> and show through either changed or added tests how the expected behavior is not occuring.

People watching this ticket